- 29 Posts
Trouble sending mass Text Messages
I'm a youth pastor, and I communicate with my students largely by text. The stock messaging app on my GNex doesn't allow for texting to contact groups. So I downloaded Go SMS Pro, which does. Problem is, when it gets around recipient 20, it gives me the message in the picture here.
This notification pops up for every subsequent message until the whole process is done (which means that I've got to sit by my phone and click "Allow" about 40 times.
So, why does it do this? Based on the holo theme of the notification, I would say it's a system notification and isn't produced by the GO SMS Pro app itself. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to turn this notification off?
- 01-22-2013, 06:15 PM #2
- 01-22-2013, 09:21 PM #3
- 6,404 Posts
Re: Trouble sending mass Text MessagesYou can send 100 per hour, per app before this is called. It's hard-coded into the source, but if you're rooted it's fairly easy to fix.
sqlite> INSERT INTO gservices (name, value) VALUES
will shut it off, but you do need to be root and have the sqlite3 binary in your path.
also read the thread
- By potatolover1102 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 15Last Post: 03-24-2011, 06:04 PM
- By Jason Black in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 19Last Post: 03-03-2011, 06:24 AM
- By Phazuka in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2010, 04:39 PM
- By Rderosier86 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 17Last Post: 09-13-2010, 01:01 PM
- By SeizedPropaganda in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 0Last Post: 06-16-2010, 06:30 PM