Setting up Unlocked GSM Phone Help

Sailor9948

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about switching from Verizon to an unlocked phone, most likely the Nexus 4. I am probably going to use Straight Talk as my service, but how do you generally go about doing this? Do I have to port my number directly over to straight talk? I would prefer the option to possibly switch services in the future, but keeping my same number is a must. I have heard Google Voice helps with this, but how so? On a sidenote, is it possible to buy a plan like their $30 one on a smartphone, which doesn't include data? I am only wondering in case I find I don't always need that much data, so I will have the option to save a bit of money every once in awhile with the option to switch back to a data plan later. Here is a link to all of the plans: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...lk.com%2Fsecure%2FServicePlans&token=V8VWwPY2

Thanks!

lethalinjectionj

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
make sure you buy a straight talk sim card. (either at&t or t-mobile based, depends on wireless coverage in your area) activate it. put it in the n4 and set up the apn settings which are located on the website. and everything will work. you must buy the 45 dollar plan. 30 dollar plan isn't compatible. and you can port your number over to straight talk no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams