Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By explorer fred
  • 1 Post By Shawn Abel
  • 2 Post By Mike Jensen2
  • 1 Post By cgordey
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to post new threads

Hi! After a long frustrating search I accidentally found the "post new thread" button. What's the best way for me to post new threads (ask a new question), no matter where I am on this site. I'm grateful for this forum, but not all of us are geniuses here. Thanks!

Default Re: how to post new threads

Hello

If its a general question that doesn't fit a specific category then it gets posted here in the General Help & How To forums.

Otherwise of your question is related to a specific device then choice the sub forum to match and post your question there.

Finding your device is easy to. From any page on the forums near the top header area you will find two search bars.
    1. For general search in the forums
    2. Search your device /carrier

Either one you start typing and in real time it will start to pull up matches to your entry as you type

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Just make sure to post in the right subforum. Best place for a question like this would be Site Questions and Announcements.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

i screw around with the forums, cant seem to find a place for my question. im with net10, prepaid android, it was workin fine. it locked, had to do a factory reset just so i could get the dang thing to allow me to call net10. i know android sends all data to google servers. is it possible to recover data from those google servers?
    Morteza Parkook likes this.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Abel View Post
    i screw around with the forums, cant seem to find a place for my question. im with net10, prepaid android, it was workin fine. it locked, had to do a factory reset just so i could get the dang thing to allow me to call net10. i know android sends all data to google servers. is it possible to recover data from those google servers?
    What type of data are you referring too? Contacts should be accessible online if you had the option sync'd on the device. You can also restore the contacts once you sign back into the device with your account and check sync in the account settings of the device. Text messages or app data would not be saved unless you had this information backed-up with other services or apps.

Where is the post new tread button, I can't find it

Me neither. It was there until I subscribed and bam, gone.
    Sorry no help.
    Morteza Parkook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Just make sure to post in the right subforum. Best place for a question like this would be Site Questions and Announcements.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
    Hi, Can't find the "Site Questions and Announcements" link/page?

Quote Originally Posted by Morteza Parkook View Post
    Hi, Can't find the "Site Questions and Announcements" link/page?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...feedback-help/

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums App.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Dude Im looking for it too, its so fustrating. Where is the button? Poor site design if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajith Maligaspe View Post
    Dude Im looking for it too, its so fustrating. Where is the button? Poor site design if you ask me.
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you on the website, the Android Central app (the one that also has news), or the Tapatalk-based Android Central Forums app?

If on the website, go to the forum where you want to post, and click the big blue "Post New Thread" button right under the forum title.

If on the AC app, go to the forum where you want to post, and tap the speech bubble icon with the + sign in it at the top of the screen.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Thank you B. Diddy. Sorry for the mean tone in my post, all the contacts on my phone got unsynced and it was just a terrible mess.

No problem. My advice would be to try keeping all of your contacts in Google, so that they're constantly synced between your phone and the Google cloud. Don't enter any contacts into the Phone Account.