Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New and confused

Hello, my name is Gloria. I recently bought a Samsung galaxy proclaim. There is so much in the app store and so many threads that i am confused. I would like for someone to tell me what i should do or not to do. I would love for you guys to be as blunt as possible so i can really enjoy this phone. thanks

edited by moderator
    ~glori

Default Re: New and confused

Welcome to AC.

If you provide a little more insight to what your looking for we can help narrow it down.

Word of advice stick to using the Google Play Store, Slide me, Get jar or Amazon apps to stay safe and out of trouble. These sites support the developers and the applications they develop.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Start with Facebook and Angry Birds, those ate pretty much the universal first step.

After that, figure out what you want to use your phone for. Games? Paying bills? Social networking? anything you want to do, there's an app or twelve out there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

thanks for replying, it actually took me this long to find my thread.
    i have a problem and hoping you could help. i unbricked my sprint galaxy s3 through a forum in cnet, recover with stock samsung galaxy s3 rom through odin. very simple, but now i am stuck with a black box and yellow text. i didn't know how to up load a picture but i tried setting it as my avatar. all i see is an empty box, maybe you can see it. it reads pda, phone, csc, h/w, rf cal date, smd, rear cam, front cam, and so forth. can you help me get rid of it? please
    ~glori

Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by GLORIA LOPEZ View Post
    thanks for replying, it actually took me this long to find my thread.
    i have a problem and hoping you could help. i unbricked my sprint galaxy s3 through a forum in cnet, recover with stock samsung galaxy s3 rom through odin. very simple, but now i am stuck with a black box and yellow text. i didn't know how to up load a picture but i tried setting it as my avatar. all i see is an empty box, maybe you can see it. it reads pda, phone, csc, h/w, rf cal date, smd, rear cam, front cam, and so forth. can you help me get rid of it? please

OK...hang on here.... I am a little confused....Do you have a Proclaim, or an S3? Or both? For the S3, what carrier are you on? What file did you download to unbrick it? When downloading ROMs you need to download and install your device and specific carrier.

What is your model number?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here