1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Default Blackbery Desktop vs. Samsung Keis

Just a little rant here. I switched from BB to Android a year ago. Device wise I ask myself what took me sooo long. The change from a BB 9700 to my current Galaxay S2 is amazing. Here comes the rant. With all the units that Samsung sells and were talking millions here, why cant they spend a couple dollars and make Kies as solid and nice as their devices. Rim has Samsung beat hands down when it comes to desktop software! Anyone else notice this?

Default Re: Blackbery Desktop vs. Samsung Keis

Quote Originally Posted by hamr1 View Post
    Just a little rant here. I switched from BB to Android a year ago. Device wise I ask myself what took me sooo long. The change from a BB 9700 to my current Galaxay S2 is amazing. Here comes the rant. With all the units that Samsung sells and were talking millions here, why cant they spend a couple dollars and make Kies as solid and nice as their devices. Rim has Samsung beat hands down when it comes to desktop software! Anyone else notice this?
    what are you using kies for?

Just a little rant here. I switched from BB to Android a year ago. Device wise I ask myself what took me sooo long. The change from a BB 9700 to my current Galaxy S2 is amazing. Here comes the rant. With all the units that Samsung sells and were talking millions here, why cant they spend a couple dollars and make Kies as solid and nice as their devices. Rim has Samsung beat hands down when it comes to desktop software! Anyone else notice this?
    Blackberry Desktop is a necessity. Kies is not really needed for much of anything! (Except the occasional update that is not available OTA.)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I used it to do updates, mostly because I was used to the way bb does their updates. There was an update yesterday and not as familiar with OTA I just figured I would use Kies desktop. Problem is, it just doesn't work well.

I used it to do updates, mostly because I was used to the way bb does their updates. There was an update yesterday and not as familiar with OTA I just figured I would use Kies desktop. Problem is, it just doesn't work well.
    OTA updates are the way to go. You don't really need Kies for anything.
    When I first got my Android phone I hated it, as I was relating everything to how Blackberry worked. After a few weeks, I realized that Android is different and works as good, and in most areas much better than Blackberry, but they do some things differently.
    There really is no need for Kies except for the occasional update that is not available OTA. But OTA updates work perfectly. Just follow the prompts.
    Thanked by:
    hamr1