Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andres alvia
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need Help with a Google Music Play lists issue

I have downloaded all of my music onto my phone because streaming it out of the cloud used about a gig in 3 days. One of the issues is that I could not find a way to download the playlists I had created in google music onto the phone. So, I created playlists on my phone, made sure all of my music was set to be on the device. As soon as I made a playlist on my phone it immediately began downloading those songs out of the cloud.

I am at a loss as to how to resolve this issue, if anyone knows I would appreciate you hooking me up.

Thank you,

Dave

Running a Razr Maxx with Android 4.0
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Need Help with a Google Music Play lists issue

I'm confused, you said you couldn't find a way to download the playlists, but, then said it began to download your playlists. Isn't that what you wanted it to do?

The OP's problem is that the playlist is causing Play Music to download the music over the web even though the tracks are already stored locally on the phone. It's using up data plan minutes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My Bad.

Ok, if I create a playlist on my computer, my device sees it, but it will start to download the songs onto my device even though they are already on there. Does that make sense? In order for me to make this work, I have to create the playlist on my device, which is not nearly as easy as creating it on the computer. Thanks for your help.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Are the playlists created on the device and the computer of the same filetype? If so, could always create the playlist on the computer and then move the playlist file over to the phone. I'm not too familiar with playlists, just a thought.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

That is exactly what I was thinking Devinator, and I was going to do that originally, but I have no idea where the playlists are located on either the device or the computer. If anyone has any ideas that would go a long way towards solving this problem.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Create a playlist with a specific name and run a search for it on your computer.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

so like at first i was downloading music from itunes to my google account and then to my s3 but after the first album it stoped sending the music to my s3 it just stayed in my computer (only in google play on my computer) and doesn't load to my account in my s3. please help me
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Put your sim card into your computer, transfer your music to it. That is how I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by modoc_us View Post
    Put your sim card into your computer, transfer your music to it. That is how I did it.
    You mean your SD card, not your SIM card.

Quote Originally Posted by andres alvia View Post
    so like at first i was downloading music from itunes to my google account and then to my s3 but after the first album it stoped sending the music to my s3 it just stayed in my computer (only in google play on my computer) and doesn't load to my account in my s3. please help me
    I assume you've completed uploading all of your iTunes music to your Google Music account, correct? You can tell by going to play.google.com/music and checking to see if all of your music is in the cloud.

Then on your phone, go to Settings/Accounts & sync/your google account, and make sure "Sync Google Play Music" is checked. Assuming your phone is set to sync in the background, you should be able to see all of your music in Google Play Music on your phone. If you still don't see it, go to the Settings menu within the Google Play Music app itself, and tap "Refresh." Be sure to give it at least 10 minutes or so, because sometimes it takes a while for all of the music to appear.

Thank you guys this really helped!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Leave ur music in tha cloud on Google then connect to wi-fi and pin all ur play list then u won't have to stream and all ur playlist will b immediately available with no hit to ur data plan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums