HTC one X+ -- Can't play music via USB in car

jns2428

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I bought new htc one x+ (ATT) and when I connect this phone to my car via USB, I am not able to play music. While using Aux it works great but I loose the ability to have control over the steering wheel. Unfortunately I don't have a Bluetooth in my car. I would really love to see this work, there should be some solution for this. I used to have iphone 4 earlier, and it was working great. I switched to android-- htc one x plus, I like this phone, its a great phone but it lacks some basic features like this one. The only problem is with USB in Car i am not able to play music but the phone gets charged . Any solutions are most appreciated.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I bought new htc one x+ (ATT) and when I connect this phone to my car via USB, I am not able to play music. While using Aux it works great but I loose the ability to have control over the steering wheel. Unfortunately I don't have a Bluetooth in my car. I would really love to see this work, there should be some solution for this. I used to have iphone 4 earlier, and it was working great. I switched to android-- htc one x plus, I like this phone, its a great phone but it lacks some basic features like this one. The only problem is with USB in Car i am not able to play music but the phone gets charged . Any solutions are most appreciated.

I'm afraid I can't help you much as far as the One X's audio profiles itself, however you should look into your vehicle's features. For a few years, many vehicles were produced with USB integration for Apple products (the iPhone in particular), yet lacked support for similar capabilities on Android devices or other smartphones.

Bluetooth has what's known as a 'Bluetooth profile' that enables the functionality you want over Bluetooth. Because almost all Bluetooth-enabled smartphones have this profile installed, any cars that also have the profile are able to control them -- independent of the device itself (i.e. iPhone or Android, it doesn't matter). As far as I know, playing and controlling music over USB is not the same. The car has to support the device in question, not just the protocol being used to transfer the data.

Hope this has helped. As I said before, look into your vehicle's features. If you can find confirmation that it supports USB media control for Android (rather, for non-iOS devices in general) then we should start looking at the One X for a solution.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
In my car I have a JVC stereo that has a Ian port and a 3.5 m jack. I use the Ian for my iPhone and the 3.5 jack for my one x. You can get the appropriate cable at Future Shop or Best Buy.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800