Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to record audio via bluetooth headset not phone microphone

I have a Galaxy Note 2 and can't figure out how to record via my bluetooth headset not via the phone mic. Tried 20+ apps that record great via the phone mic but not via my headset.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Default Re: How to record audio via bluetooth headset not phone microphone

You can record audio with a simple app called "Bluetooth Audio Recording".

Most Androids have a problem with BT microphone routing. This issue has been discusssed on many forums and there is no simple solution. My xperia Z , for example, will only communicate with "Voice Dialer" when using any BT microphone. There appears to be no easy way to route the audio from the BT mic to the application of my choice.

You might want to try an application called "Bluetooth Launch". This works on some Androids , but not on the xperia Z. If you find a solution which works let me know and I will be forever in your debt !

Would you please send a link to the app. I searched but couldnt find it.

thank you. j

Quote Originally Posted by lynnneil View Post
    You can record audio with a simple app called "Bluetooth Audio Recording".
    would you please send a link to this app if it still exists, I could not find it. thank you

Had a similiar problem, you should Try the "who you gonna call" app
    Thanked by:

how to record audio via bluetooth headset (not via phone mic) while recording a video is samsung galaxy s4?????????????

Dude you can download the app Called-Mono Bluetooth from google play..and connect it first and start camera and start recording the audio through bluetooth while recording video.

Mono Bluetooth Router doesn't work. Can't work. I've searched the Play store and I haven't found an app yet that will do the job. Gonna have to write one.

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg Zumo View Post
    Mono Bluetooth Router doesn't work. Can't work. I've searched the Play store and I haven't found an app yet that will do the job. Gonna have to write one.
    Good luck. From what I've seen, intercepting BT mic audio is locked down about as tight as the N900A. Stupid idea for an "open source" phone, but the boogie man may be listening in on your phone call.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    Good luck. From what I've seen, intercepting BT mic audio is locked down about as tight as the N900A. Stupid idea for an "open source" phone, but the boogie man may be listening in on your phone call.
    Well I wrote one that works fine on my old Droid Bionic. But I was only interested in solving my problem - not releasing it for general consumption.

Maybe I'm a little late, but I still want to share something, hope it is useful to other users who meet this bluetooth recording problem.

1. Some phones support bluetooth call recording perfectly, just install any call recorder and go.

2. The hardware of some phones don't support bluetooth call recording, for example Galaxy Note 2 GT-I7100, GT-7105, Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 etc that use the WM1811 audio chip. In this case all call recorders don't work.

3. The hardware of some phones support bluetooth call recording but the ROM doesn't support it, for example Galaxy Note3, Galaxy Note4, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S5 etc. In this case you should root your phone and install a call recorder that can fix this problem, for example Boldbeast Call Recorder, it can fix this problem for many phones.

4. Please note Galaxy phones have many variants, they are different from each other, for example Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 doesn't support bluetooth call recording, but Galaxy S3 SGH-I747, SCH-I535 may support it, or can be fixed.