Samsung Galaxy SIII Calendar I don't want a reminder

ronknapper

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
OK, I do apologize if this has been answered before, but I tried searching and maybe didn't use the right terms...

I am looking to pick up a Samsung Galaxy SIII or Galaxy Note II, but I was playing around with one at the store and when I entered an event in the Samsung calendar, clicked on Notifications (or REMINDERS), there was no option to select NO REMINDER. There are some things I don't want to receive a reminder for, I just want it on my calendar. Am I missing something, or is everything I enter in the Samsung calendar and subsequently syncing with my Google Calendar going to have a notification?

I already hate that I can't default to no notification on the standard Google Calendar, but would be willing to downgrade to it on the Samsung Galaxy SIII or NoteII as it at least lets me set NO REMINDER.

If I am missing something, please let me know. I would love to replace my original HTC Evo in the next couple of months, but I have this concern.\
Thanks.
Ron

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's the stock Android calendar app, there should be a big X right next to the Reminder area when you create an event. Just tap that X, and it should get rid of any reminder. I don't have any Samsung devices, so I wouldn't know if they have some proprietary calendar that works differently.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't either, but on my phone, to the right of the reminder, there is a minus sign that can be tapped to get rid of the reminder.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums