1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Facebook & Contact Sync issue with Jellybean on new Note 2

Hello all,

I have a question that I can't seem to get resolved. Last week I purchased a new Note 2 (which I love!) and one of the first things I did was to sync with my Google account and get my Google contacts installed back on the phone. Second thing was to install the Facebook app and sync my Google contacts with their appropriate FB profile photos, account info from Facebook. However, upon telling Facebook to sync with currently existing contacts, I noticed that my Contacts list was now populated with *ALL* of my facebook friends.

Previously on my Evo 4G running Gingerbread 2.3.5, this worked perfectly. My Google contacts were the only contacts listed but their FB profile data showed up just fine. I seen there were some 3rd party apps on the Play Store that will do this, but I'm wondering if there is a way to do it with just the original FB app.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here in Jellybean on the Note 2 so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bradley
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Facebook & Contact Sync issue with Jellybean on new Note 2

So, not all of your FB contacts are coming over? Or are they not merging properly?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Actually all Facebook contacts are coming over to my Contacts app. The people already in my contact list are indeed being merged with the FB contact data. However the problem is, all of my facebook friends are being added to my contact list. Not just the ones that are being merged with Google contacts, but all 600+ facebook friends.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

As far as I know, they all have to come over if you sync. I don't think you can pick and chose.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I know when I had my Evo setup with my Google contacts and then merged those contacts with their facebook profile information, ONLY their facebook information came across, not the rest of my 600 friends. In the Evo FB app there was an option to select which was "merge with currently exsisting contacts only" and another option to "merge all contacts". The Note 2 has those same options and I choose the "merge with currently exsisting contacts only" however that does not work with the Note.

Im having the same problem! Actually it use to work when I first installed the fb app with only syncing existing contacts, but since I reinstalled the app, it has been transferin all of them over
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one or that I wasn't doing something right.

I have tried a few of the 3rd party apps on the Play store and they all would crash or behave erratically so I quickly gave those up.

Just did a search and found this thread. Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issues with the Facebook app syncing ALL my contacts from my friend list. I have the "Sync only existing contacts" setting selected in the sync options in the Facebook app, so it shouldn't be pulling my entire friends list to the phone, just the info for the contacts in my address book.

ROM
    Stock

Facebook & Contact Sync issue with Jellybean on new Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1365775335739.jpg
    Check this. It works for me.

Sent From My Note 2.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

This issue has not been resolved unfortunately. I've updated to the latest stock rom, re-rooted, re-set the phone with factory settings and yet it still gives me the same syncing of all FB contacts even though I tell it to only sync with my phone contacts.