Can anyone shed any light on this?

When I play music or podcasts in the car on any of my phones and plug a cable from the headphone socket to my car aux socket and charge the phone at the same time, I hear interference through the car speakers. I was using a cheap car charger, so I changed it for a genuine HTC one, and the same thing happens. This happens on both my Nexus 4 and my GS3. As soon as I unplug the car charger, the noise goes away.

Is this normal, can it be cured?

Thanks folks!
    01-31-2013 03:46 AM
    Does the static happen when playing a song? I hear weird static noises when I have my phone plugged in, but it goes away as soon as I play a song.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
    01-31-2013 07:11 AM
    It has to do with noise in the car's electrical system and is very common, especially on low end stereos. The way I've fixed it was with a new stereo that ended up having a noise filter built into the power line (was replaced because I just didn't like the stock head unit, but discovered this). I'm not sure exactly what causes the noise and how it is transferred, but I suggest looking around car audio forums or talk to some install shops. You may be able to get a noise filter aftermarket for your current stereo.
    damo likes this.
    02-01-2013 02:07 AM