Can I install apps from PC?

pnt101

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if its possible to install apps to a G1? I've been searching but it all leads up to rooting which I don't need. Also where can I download the free apps from the market to my computer then how do I transer? Thanks! :D

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if its possible to install apps to a G1? I've been searching but it all leads up to rooting which I don't need. Also where can I download the free apps from the market to my computer then how do I transer? Thanks! :D

Yes, it should be possible. I don't know much about the G1, but I do know that if you plug in an Android phone to a computer, it should be mounted as a drive. After this, drag and drop is all you need to do. At the current moment, I don't think you can download apps from the Market straight to your computer.

IOWA

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
You need to find a place to find the apps first, all the ones currently are illegal, and may be spyware/malware, so I camt reccomend any. Apologies.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure but you might be thinking about appbrain. I don't know about compatibility with the G1, but you can install appbrain on your phone, get the fast web installer plugin, create an appbrain account, and then browse apps from your computer and click the install button to send it to your phone. Then when you go to your phone the next time the app you wanted is installed. I do it all the time.

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure but you might be thinking about appbrain. I don't know about compatibility with the G1, but you can install appbrain on your phone, get the fast web installer plugin, create an appbrain account, and then browse apps from your computer and click the install button to send it to your phone. Then when you go to your phone the next time the app you wanted is installed. I do it all the time.

Someone recommended on this site, along with appbrain, Fast Web Installer from Swiss Codemonkeys. This will install the app straight from appbrain.com to your phone. I've started using it and it works very well. I also use this to install apps to my husband's phone that he doesn't realize that he needs. :D

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Am I missing something here? 2 easy ways if you have an application already.
1. adb install file.apk
2. drag and drop onto sdcard > open astro file manager > open/install file.apk