Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shadowriver
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb tethering

how can I use my 2.3.6 ginger bread android as husband modem?

Default Re: tethering

Marry it with wife modem (sorry could not stop my self)

But for real you should have something in connection settings, if oyu don't have it you might have some carrier mutant phone which thedering blocked, then only way to do it is via rooting.
    Devinator likes this.

Global Posts
    9,143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: tethering

If your phone is stock, meaning unrooted and unaltered, then you can't unless the carrier has a plan for you to purchase and activate tethering. Otherwise, you'll need to root the phoned and install a third-party app that enables the tethering feature.

Check the forum for your device and see what information is available to root the phone model you have.

Default Odp: tethering

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    If your phone is stock, meaning unrooted and unaltered, then you can't unless the carrier has a plan for you to purchase and activate tethering. Otherwise, you'll need to root the phoned and install a third-party app that enables the tethering feature.

Check the forum for your device and see what information is available to root the phone model you have.
    Kind of not true, I got unlocked stack unaltered sg2 and i have that option, it really depends on where you get phone from