Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mooncatt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default MOT V8/V9 DROID CAR/WALL CHARGER Compatibility

Hello,
    I have Mototola V8/V9 Car & Home Chargers. I was wondering if there is any website on updates or info about the v8/v9 chargers, like with all the phone they're compatible with and every new phone that're currently coming out if these charger will fit for those or not? Because i have a stack of these chargers and I want to know if they're fitting all the new phones that're currently coming out obviously it can't fit every phone, so i was wondering if anyone know any website that tells if the new phone that is coming out fits these charger. Its like sites that new phone are releasing, and all those phone website will show the carrier, spec, release date & many information about the phone details but instead of those details i want details of what types of charger does the phone actually fits, so i know if V8/V9 charger fits.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,336 Global Posts

Default Re: MOT V8/V9 DROID CAR/WALL CHARGER Compatibility

They should fit and work in any recent phone not named the iPhone.

It's a micro USB charger.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    They should fit and work in any recent phone not named the iPhone.

It's a micro USB charger.
    But is there any website where we can confirm if the new phone that currently just came in will actually fit the micro usb charger? what if its an old phone, how would i be able to tell if this charger will fit or not?
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,336 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itzmemike View Post
    But is there any website where we can confirm if the new phone that currently just came in will actually fit the micro usb charger? what if its an old phone, how would i be able to tell if this charger will fit or not?
    Micro USB is a standard. If the new phone uses micro USB, it will fit. The reason you're probably not finding a website that lists this all is probably because it would literally list every phone except the iPhone.

The only thing you'll have to look out for is how much power are these RAZR2 chargers putting out. It may not be enough to charge some devices (phablets/tablets) quick enough for you.

But it'll fit.

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Micro USB is a standard. If the new phone uses micro USB, it will fit. The reason you're probably not finding a website that lists this all is probably because it would literally list every phone except the iPhone.

The only thing you'll have to look out for is how much power are these RAZR2 chargers putting out. It may not be enough to charge some devices (phablets/tablets) quick enough for you.

But it'll fit.
    Hello,
    I see well the problem is I have an stack of these car chargers and i plan on making an car and the wall charger for sale for every single model, so I will be selling charger for droid dna, palm treo but they're all going to be the same charger overall. So I will be selling them as new phones and old phones, and i know that very old ones like palm treo, sony erricson and on might not fit the micro USB charger that I have, thats why i want to do some study first before seling them for all the phones, but iphone. And I'm afraid that new phone, not all might fit the micro USB, i know most will but new phone comes like out everyday, and more then one so I just want to make sure I don't go through any mistake.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,336 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itzmemike View Post
    Hello,
    I see well the problem is I have an stack of these car chargers and i plan on making an car and the wall charger for sale for every single model, so I will be selling charger for droid dna, palm treo but they're all going to be the same charger overall. So I will be selling them as new phones and old phones, and i know that very old ones like palm treo, sony erricson and on might not fit the micro USB charger that I have, thats why i want to do some study first before seling them for all the phones, but iphone. And I'm afraid that new phone, not all might fit the micro USB, i know most will but new phone comes like out everyday, and more then one so I just want to make sure I don't go through any mistake.
    For each phone, you could go through a resource like Phonescoop or GSM/Phonearena. They usually list which connector they use.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

For each phone, you could go through a resource like Phonescoop or GSM/Phonearena. They usually list which connector they use.
    Ahh... I found it. under phonescoop or phoneareana there this section that says "Connector:microUSB" if it says that does that mean it will for sure fit the v8/v9 charger that im selling? both car & wall/home charger? lastly it says Speed: 2.0 High Speed what does that mean? and how to tell if the battery charging for the phone doesn't mess up the phone charging.

Like where you're saying previously about "The only thing you'll have to look out for is how much power are these RAZR2 chargers putting out. It may not be enough to charge some devices (phablets/tablets) quick enough for you. " is there any website like phonearena/phone scroop where i can tell if their phone power matches my charger as i have the charger input/output info, but needs every phone info.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

One last question on top of my previous one, i see that on the connector it says miniUSB on some ones, does that mean its not made to fit my v8/v9 charger? as i searched up the image on google it seems to be the size as microusb

I think you're trying too hard. You already know how quickly new devices come out. You'll spend all your time trying to keep your compatibility list up to date.

Not sure what the difference is between the chargers, but both look like they use micro USB and rated for 900mA. I suggest advertising it as such, that it works on most phones with that connection up to 900mA. I say "most" just in case there is a phone out there that meets the specs but doesn't agree with it for some reason. Then offer a link to one of the earlier mentioned sites for people to look up their phone's specs, out simply instruct them to look at the output rating of their phone's stock charger.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

i see, but does micro usb means it the usb that v8/v9 uses? so at least i know which connector is mines.

Correct. The plugs are micro USB. For phones that may have a mini USB (the plugs are shaped different), there are adaptors you can buy so yours would likely work on them. Don't expect to sell many to people needing mini USB because most universal chargers have interchangeable plugs with that type of plug as an option.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Until the industry decides on another connector (which probably won't be soon), all new phones other than iPhones will use micro-USB chargers. If the phone has a really large battery, an older charger may take a long time to go from 5% to 100%, but it will eventually charge.

As far as older phones - most of them used proprietary connectors, not any kind of USB. But most of those phones aren't being used any more.