New Android Phone Help
Hi, first post on here so I'll give some background. Had my GS3 since June last year. By November I started to notice heavy screen burn all over the screen. Ive tried to have it repaired at CPW but they were no help. So waiting on samsung coming back with a fix hopefully.
LONG STORY SHORT
I want to get rid of the GS3 just because ive been let down by samsung, a phone shouldnt get screen burn so easily after 6 months, considering im on a two year contract.
So I was thinking of changing to the Nexus 4 but have some concerns about the durability and overall quality/specs compared to the GS3, i dont want to be downgrading.
So anyone with any experience of both help me out? Which is better?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
- 02-02-2013, 04:42 PM #2
Odp: New Android Phone Help
S3 got OLED screen, it based on organic material which has shorter life span as they are destend to decompose, this is why OLED screen biggest down side is easiness of catching burn outs. Sorry to say it can be heled and its not fixable in theory (in practice you could balence the burnouts but its hard to do). So if you dont like it avoid OLED screen devices until smart people figure out how to extend life span of OLED. But you can help oled to not catch up annoying burnout, by avoiding displaying still images for too long time and shorten auto lock time so it wont display still image for long time when you throw phone somewhere. You will defently catch burnout (or should i say still alive part of screen) on staus bar as its usally black and that part of screen does not work too much and it displays still icons whic shapes will be visible when you run something on full screen.
- 02-03-2013, 08:05 AM #4
- By GirlWithTea in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 11-02-2012, 09:04 AM
- By rwelsh09 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 08-15-2011, 12:51 AM
- By NODO-GT in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 05-19-2010, 02:43 PM
- By atrain826 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 20Last Post: 02-16-2010, 03:52 PM
- By awenfam in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 0Last Post: 01-08-2010, 11:36 PM