Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help with this phone

I rooted my GS3 a week ago. I had installed titanium back up, battery calibration, wifi tether, pimp my rom. Everything was going fine and then i installed AdFree which supposely removes ads. Well this ended up crashing my phone. I managed to delete it. And now whenever i use a launcher like Apex and Espiere (the iphone launcher i think its Espiege not sure) they crash. I open up titanium back up and other apps and it crashes. Even when i call comes in it goes black screen and i cant see who is calling or amswer or ignore. Please help is there any way i can fix this? I dont want to unroot. I wanna keep my root but i cant restore anything since most of my apps crashes.

By the way im using a Sprint galaxy s3 and i have root with Stock Rom. My version is 4.1.1

Global Posts
    8,409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Please help with this phone

When you rooted the phone there should have been a custom recovery installed. You can go into that and factory reset and start fresh. The problem is that you'll lose data, so backup what you can.

Once you get booted back up you can restore Titanium files. I would not suggest making a backup of System apps, usually noted in red text when going through apps to backup.
    Thanked by:
    hyperlateral likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    When you rooted the phone there should have been a custom recovery installed. You can go into that and factory reset and start fresh. The problem is that you'll lose data, so backup what you can.

Once you get booted back up you can restore Titanium files. I would not suggest making a backup of System apps, usually noted in red text when going through apps to backup.
    How do i access the custom recovery? Where would it be located at?
    Edited: will i lose my root if i factory reset?

Global Posts
    8,409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

No, you will not loose root. To get into Recovery, power off the phone. Hold volume up+home+power buttons until you see the Samsung Logo...keep holding until you see the recovery screen show. There are options to factory reset, which will erase the phones data. Once you reboot the phone will need to be setup, just as if you purchased it (minus the root part).

Here is the Galaxy S3 Sprint forum if you haven't seen it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/. Lots of good information there.