Google Music Problems

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have two problems: 1. Google play will not allow me to change album art. 2. I no longer have the option to play a play list. I can add it to the queue but not directly play. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-03-12-48-48.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-03-12-48-48.png
    527.1 KB · Views: 12

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Change album art in the desktop browser version of Google Play Music. It's much easier that way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't work anymore. I am not the only one with the inability to change album art recently. It doesn't work on the desktop at all. Also, I noticed right after I posted that the play button is missing completely! I used to be able to touch or click the bottom right corner of the song, album or playlist and have to option to "Play." It has been removed. This is corroborated by the reviews on the Play Store.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There isn't a need for a "Play" selection, because you can just double tap a track to play it.

I'll see if I encounter the same problem with album art.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There isn't a need for a "Play" selection, because you can just double tap a track to play it.

I'll see if I encounter the same problem with album art.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

But this IS aproblem if I want to play a playlist when looking at all my playlists. Before, I tapped on the small arrow on the lower right hand corner then tapped "Play." Now double-tapping a playlist does NOT play the list but only opens it. Then I have to double tap on the first song to start the list. Therefore the new method is longer and slower than the old one. Did someone complain about the ability to directly play a song or playlist? Why was this changed? I hate "updates" that make the experience worse. Thanks for the suggestion though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see what you're saying. I'd encourage you to use the link I included in my previous post to make your suggestions to Google. Just curious, though--is it really that much more of an extra step for you to tap the playlist and then double tap the song? Because what you describe as your old method was still two taps--one tap to bring up the playlist menu, and then another tap to play it.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You're right. It's not that big of a deal...the extra tap. I just don't understand the advantage to changing what was already working. The album art is a bigger deal and I did as you suggested. Thanks. Any suggestion on a simple way to pin music to the ext sd card?