Google play+ stock android music player

chargersrool

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Trying to find a way how to move music from google play to the stock music player. It has better sound quality, in my opinion, than google play itself. Any way to get music from google play to the music player app that comes with Android Ics.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Before you look into transferring your music, have you played around with the EQ settings in the Play Music app? They're pretty effective.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

IslandTosh

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you streaming using the Play Music app, or from the website?

If you are streaming, I would suggest using the "keep on device"option of the Play Music app to download some songs, and seeing if the stock music player can locate the files. I haven't done this myself, though.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

chargersrool

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I was streaming but its not very effective since my internet is slow. I have 70-80 songs on my playist, clicked the option keep on device and it only downloaded 7...so for this reason i dont care for the google play app. BTW have you compared the quality of google play against the music player app. Not much difference but it definitely is noticeable.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're right, the EQ setting probably won't matter for you. The reason for the poorer sound quality on Play Music is likely from your slow internet speed, since the quality of the music will degrade if you can't achieve a high bitrate.

Your best bet may be to go to Google Play Music on your desktop/laptop, download your music to your computer, then transfer it to your device. If you try downloading it directly to your device using the Play Music app, all you'll get is a cached version that is hard to locate and has a complicated coded filename.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming, of course, that you don't already have copies of your music files stored somewhere on a hard drive, right? That is, music files ripped from the original CDs? Because then it's a simple matter of transferring those files to your device. Obviously, if you bought most of your music from Google Play, then you're still stuck with the original suggestion of downloading it first, then transferring it.

chargersrool

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have all my music stored on my computer, i download it and move it to the designated folder which has about 600 songs. I just want to be able to put the new music ono my android and have it play as the same quality but most importantly on the same playist. (going through all 600 songs and finding which ones to put on the playist repeatedly is tedious and unneeded)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that the playlist will change depending on your mood or the occasion, or are you intending to make one main playlist that you can continue to add music to?

If you just want one playlist, then I suggest picking all of your music that you want, transferring it from your computer to your device (making sure it's in the correct Music folder), and then in the Play Music app, selecting "On device only" from the top dropdown menu. This will prevent any songs from the cloud from being listed.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you--I'm not sure if my suggestion completely meets your needs.

By the way, keep in mind that stock Android music players are often lousy at categorizing music correctly by artist. The main problem is that if you have an album with songs by various artists, Android will list the album artist as the one from the last track of the album, rather than "Various Artists." They've never fixed that bug. Some but not all 3rd party players get around this bug, like PowerAmp and MortPlayer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman