Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Your operator doesn't support disabling call forwarding when your phone doesn't answer"

Been trying to setup Google Voice as my voicemail on my new Nexus 4. Originally I thought maybe I had to forward when unanswered to my Google Voice number. Then I found the Google Voice app, installed it, and configured my voicemail settings to use GV instead of My Carrier. I set up a message and everything.

I've had my gf call my phone a few times and usually it goes to some "this customer could not be reached" boilerplate response, and I think it might be because I'm forwarding unanswered calls to this GV number. I try to disable this feature and I get the message in the thread title.

Is there any way to force this number out of the configuration? I'm rooted so I figure I should be able to possibly just find this setting and flip it somewhere such that the OS can't keep me from doing it. I mean, it was Disabled to begin with before I changed it.

Default Re: "Your operator doesn't support disabling call forwarding when your phone doesn't answer"

What carrier? What plan?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: "Your operator doesn't support disabling call forwarding when your phone doesn't answer"

Quote Originally Posted by thak View Post
    Been trying to setup Google Voice as my voicemail on my new Nexus 4. Originally I thought maybe I had to forward when unanswered to my Google Voice number. Then I found the Google Voice app, installed it, and configured my voicemail settings to use GV instead of My Carrier. I set up a message and everything.

I've had my gf call my phone a few times and usually it goes to some "this customer could not be reached" boilerplate response, and I think it might be because I'm forwarding unanswered calls to this GV number. I try to disable this feature and I get the message in the thread title.

Is there any way to force this number out of the configuration? I'm rooted so I figure I should be able to possibly just find this setting and flip it somewhere such that the OS can't keep me from doing it. I mean, it was Disabled to begin with before I changed it.
    open phone app(Dialer)-->menu(3 dots on bottom right)-->Settings-->Call forwarding--> There will be three option.

Forward when busy,unanswered,unreachable.
    modify all three to your google voice number. it will work

Hi Guys,

I am also getting the same message when trying to Disable my Call Forwarding.

By default in my Nexus 4, I am getting all Busy & Not reachable calls forwarded to an Operator default number (Airtel India).
    Though Call Forward for all callers is Off, still it is showing a particular number.

When trying to Disable, it is saying: Your operator doesn't support disabling call forwarding when your phone is busy.

Checked with operator, and Call Waiting is activated.

Can you please suggest if this is something related to handlset Nexus 4- How to resolve this.

Thanks
    Hitanshu