Nexus 7 What to do...

Kirrasbank

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I hope this is the right fourm.. Well My tablet will be here in aout 3 hours... Excited!. Is the nexus 7 in your opinion a good Gaming tablet... I got the 32gb version i prob wont even use it all but its nice to have..... I am not going to root my device.. I never did it before and dont want to do it with my 250$ machine lol..... Do you guys think it will still perform well on Racing games Or combat games .. Or i should just say any game......... From 1 to 10 how do you think it will perform....

Also Im considering downloading Advanced task killer so i can keep my memory all focused on 1 game.. will this help or is the task killer just a joke?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can't speak on behalf of the tablet itself but I wouldn't bother with the task killer. Android does a great job of managing its apps and memory. Even with task killers and using Androids own DISABLE feature within settings some system apps will still over ride and run because they have been designed to.

Plus task killers usually at the heart of most problems when things go wrong with someones device.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 rocks when it comes to games. I have Asphalt 7 and GTA3 , which perform flawlessly. There's a good reason why Gamestop sells them!

And I agree with the above, task killers are not needed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The main reason to use a task killer is to stop a misbehaving app. The tough part is figuring out if an app is misbehaving or not. Closing apps just because you think it will save battery or speed up processes is usually counterproductive because of how Android is designed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So would it hurt it if i installed it or just leave it be?

Well, it's going to be taking up resources to save resources. I was just working with someone I know on their phone. It's older, but, it was running slow. Removed the task killer and the performance increase was noticeable.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Awesome for games the tegra 3 inside this baby flies and plays many games with lagless performance with the graphics settings turned all the way up.

tea candles are the duct tape of candles

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon