Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery.

Well i used it when i got it cause it came with like half charge... Messed around with it.. Downloaded Some apps.. ETC... MY brightness i put to 0percent.. And the battery percantage says its using up 76% ??lol??.......

I'm letting it charge now will it hurt it if i let it overcharge while im sleeping?

Default Re: Battery.

The backlight does eat up a lot of power, relatively speaking. You can also let it charge overnight. It won't over charge, unless the phone is defective.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

k thanks.. what do you mean backlight? its on 0 percent

Keep in mind that the battery stats show the percentage of battery use by each component, not the absolute usage. Just because something is taking a big percentage of battery use doesn't necessarily mean it's eating up a lot of battery. The display is typically the biggest consumer of battery power, so it's not surprising to see it take up a high percentage of total battery use. What's more telling is how fast your battery is running down. For a phone with an average battery, I'd estimate the total screen time on per full battery charge to be around 3-4 hours total. For a phone with a big battery like my Razr Maxx, it's more like 6 hours. Remember, this is total screen on time, not just standby time.

It's unlikely that your screen is truly set to 0%, because if that were the case, you wouldn't be able to see a thing. You probably have it set at the lowest setting allowed by the software, but that still requires the backlight.

For modern rechargeable batteries, there is no danger of keeping it plugged in overnight. You won't damage the battery.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ah ok thanks... I love playing games...... Every 30 mins i would say it went down a good 5-10 percent is this normal?...... Also.. My battery has only been plugged it for about an hour.. and it charged from 45 to 100% its still on charge now should i let it keep going for a while or is it good to go now...

Also..... When is it good to charge a battery..... My first charge. It came outa the box at 35-45 Percent.. I tweaked with it ETc till about 25% battery... And plugged it in... Played on it while it was plugged in till about... 70%. And left it overnight for about another 8 hours....

As for now.... If i play while its charged will it hurt it... If i play at 100% battery till like 75...... and charge it back up will it be fine... Like if i want to take a break.. Or will that damage the battery ... Thanks in advance.

Lithium ion batteries don't suffer memory fade from partial charges like that, so you can plug and unplug as you see fit. I leave mine plugged in most of the time, including when playing games just so I don't have to worry about draining it much in the first place.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok thank you...

Global Posts
    1,497 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

The charger (the circuitry in the phone) shuts the charging off when the battery reaches 100%. It has to. Overcharging a Lithium battery gets it hot enough to start a fire. Many people leave their phones plugged in all the time with no problem (unless you consider always having a fully charged phone a problem).