Are there any battery health apps out there for nonrooted phones.

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I got EVO LTE 6 months ago and got a full day out of it now I'm down to a half day I don't see anything draining it so I'm looking for an app that will actually tell how many amps the battery holds so I could compare to what it should have new.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
250 views and nobody knows? I'm guessing there is no such app, I remember there was one for web os (palm)

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
To tell how many amps a battery is capable of, you have to load test it, which (ironically) drains part of the battery. What you probably want to look for is the mAh (milliamp hour) rating for yours for an idea of strength. A simple google search should bring that up. Every battery monitor app I've seen only shows the voltage level, which does drop during use. I think those may also pull from what the phone itself reports and don't read it independently.

If you're having drain issues, it could be the battery going bad if it's old, or you maybe have some apps that have background services working. A good example would be a weather reporting widget that access the net (a big power drain in itself) often to keep conditions updated.