Strange Wifi Issue

Qwert52

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok, this problem doesn't make sense to me, maybe some of you guys have seen it before.

So, in work we have a wireless router that has a password on it (WPA etc). I used to use my iPhone on the network just fine, and then I switched to a Galaxy S3.

It worked for the first day, but then stopped. Now when I connect, the router asks for ANOTHER login, the kind you would see on, for example, a university network or if you were trying to access the router's settings. I.e not the WPA key.

Now the thing is, other people's iPhones still connect without this, and I find it to be a huge coincidence that the system would change pretty much ON THE DAY that I changed my phone.

The new phone connects to my home wifi fine also!

I can't for the life of me see how this could be caused by the phone but it also seems odd that its only me who cannot connect.

Its doubtful, but can anyone explain this?

Thanks for reading and trying to help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ask your network admin if they have a guest login enabled in the router. It sounds as if that's what you're connecting to. (Or just look at the list of networks and make sure you're not connecting to a guest login.)