- 1 Posts
my husband has just bought the galaxy note and he is finding that the wifi and the 4g where he works is very weak with this being said he cant toogle between the 2 gets e and then wifi then 4g its draining the battery so bad its nuts he wants to use this for texting or facebook while at work what can we do please help we tried the ultimate juice defender that did nothing very upsetting since we just came from iphones
- 02-08-2013, 12:06 AM #2
Re: battery issues
That's a dilemma. A weak signal, especially for mobile data, is notorious for sucking battery. I would suggest turning off mobile data (4G) at work and just try relying on the wifi, but if both are lousy, then you might be stuck.
One possibility would be to force 3G instead of 4G while at work. 3G networks are usually more widespread, have a stronger signal, and eat less battery; however, they are significantly slower. Still, it might be better for your husband at work. I don't have a Note, but from what I can tell on the web, you can force 3G by doing this:
1. Settings/Wireless & Networks--More.../Mobile Networks/Network Mode
2. Choose the setting that says CDMA (or WCDMA) and that does NOT say LTE. (CDMA is 3G, LTE is 4G on Verizon.) If you don't use Verizon, then it'll probably say GSM instead of CDMA.
There are apps that provide a toggle widget to toggle between 3G and 4G, but they don't always work for every phone. I've seen it mentioned that Extended Controls has a toggle that works well, but I haven't tried it myself.
- 02-08-2013, 02:38 AM #3
- 3,134 Posts
Re: battery issues
I agree, just pick one data access and stick with it. While it may keep bouncing in and out, just one doing it is still better than 3 (wifi, 3G and 4G each have their often radios drawing power). The point about turning 4G off and only using 3G is also very true for reception and power consumption is also very true.
- By alexgtp in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 05-22-2010, 04:07 PM
- By andyandroid in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 219Last Post: 05-19-2010, 02:00 PM
- By tuxedojacob in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 05-04-2010, 10:59 AM
- By Dapke36 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 11Last Post: 02-09-2010, 11:40 AM
- By jacob.downey in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 1Last Post: 01-30-2010, 03:24 PM