Dear Gentīs an maybe ladies in here,

i am sticking around with my old i9000s to offer it to friend of mine. Phone was out of use since about 1 1/2 year. Switching it back to operation caused the message "System UIDīs are inconsitent you have to wipe... - [Button] I am feeling lucky"

I am just a bloody, german noob in android and english as well, but maybe someone in here can assist me to get the phone back to operation. I tried a lot an read a lot about the problem. Flashing different Firmware with *512 Pitfile and Repartition doesnīt solve the problem. Fixing permissions in CWM and wiping all of the data is without success.

As far as i figured out android changed memory footprints switching from Market to Play-Store and reeinstallig user owned apps syncing with google account causes system UIDīs to get inconsitent. In result the are force closed by starting up the phone. In my case most apps a closed until setup-wizard has finished. Bad luck to get access like usb-debugging...!

Every time Android is closing down, flashed or switched to CWM img in mtd3: 04380000 00020000 "system" is written to mtd1: 00500000 00020000 "recovery" and ext-sdcard is set to read-only so the inconistence of the file system canīt fixed by wiping or flashing in general for my simple understanding.

Tried to fix the filesystem by adb shell #wipedata or adb shell mkfs.ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 but as long as there is no corresponding shell in the firmware package present on the phone, there is no success as well.

May be somone in here has a workaround or idea to fix the phone bevor it is thrown to reproduktable waste bin...!

VM-Ware Ubuntu 8.04 and Android SDK is installed on Win 7 - 64 ASUS n76vz in case for knowledge...!

And only for interests as well, there was a lot of threads about inconsitent uidīs on xda-forum, but no answer in any thread as far as i read. May be the guy who is "feeling lucky" about inconistent uidīs is not expressing a original samsung stock-firmware slang...!

Hopefully regards Ede