Can't find a sound setting

Ali_bags

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a cheap no-name 3G phone using Android 4.1.1

I want to change the sound settings. When I originally bought the phone I set the ringtone etc but now I can't remember for the life of me how I did it because I can't find a setting for sound anywhere.

When I go to Settings, I get the following:

WIRELESS & NETWORKS
SIM management
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
Data usage

DEVICE
Audio profiles
Display
Storage
Battery
Apps

PERSONAL
Location services
Security
Language & input
Backup & reset

ACCOUNTS

SUSTEM
Date & time
Scheduled power on & off
Accessibility
Developer options
About phone

BUT no sound anywhere! All the 'audio profiles' does is literally change the audio profile

I have downloaded the 'Quick settings' app but all this does is toggle silent and vibrate off and on.

Can anyone help? I'm desperate to switch off the key vibrate.

Ali_bags

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Just tried that. Created a shortcut to 'Sound Settings' but when I open it all I get is the audio profiles again. Maybe I should try a factory reset?

(Nice app though - thanks!)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But what exactly is the audio profile? Usually, you can edit an audio profile to set the volumes for rings, notifications, alarms, etc. What screen comes up when you tap Audio Profile?

You can also try holding the power button down to see if a menu comes up. On many phones, holding the power button down will give you the option to switch silent or vibrate mode on or off.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Ali_bags

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I've found how I can edit an audio profile and the settings I was looking for seem to be there! If I tap on one of the audio profiles I can change ring tone and vibrate settings. Thanks for your help - it took a while but I've got there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech