1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default upnp/dlna controller with flac support

Hi,

I'm looking for an Android app for my tablet that does the following.

Browse through the hdd of my stand alone media player (so view on tablet)
    Start / stop music files and let the mediaplayer play it through the connected stereo eq. (so not playback on tablet)
    Support of FLAC audio files (not only mp3)

The thing is, i have found many apps on the Play Store and tested them all, but none of them supports flac audio.
    They all work fine with my media player and play mp3 files perfectly on my stereo, but they don't support flac.

Does any one know an app that can do this? It doesn't have to be free.

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Default Re: upnp/dlna controller with flac support

Hello. Have you tried this app: [APP] ArkMC Arkuda Media Center DLNA application
    I'm not sure if it supports Flac, but it supports a lot of formats!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks! Yeah I just tried it. It plays flac indeed fine. But it plays on my tablet, where the app is installed. It should play through my mediaplayer, connected to my stereo. And tht I can't seem to achieve with this app. What am I doning wrong?

So you trying to use this app to also control media player, maybe you media player does not support it, as i know DLNA is passive data access by default
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The mediaplayer supports it, for sure. It has both upnp and dlna enabled. I even found some app on the play store that control the mediaplayer. But the problem is that they don't support flac. I found apps that support flac, but they don't control the mediaplayer. I only need an app that can do both

Have just seen your post from a few weeks ago. You might like to try UPnPlay which Is a controller which allows play to be directed to external renderers and it plays FLAC files. It has a few odd features but is stable and it is free. I use it to play my FLAC music files from my Netgear NAS drive to a Marantz NA7004 network audio player connected to my hi-fi.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hi Reafan, thanks. I just downloaded UPnPlay, latest version. I get " flac/audio not supported media" when I try it.
    MP3 works fine however. What could cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by reafan View Post
    Have just seen your post from a few weeks ago. You might like to try UPnPlay which Is a controller which allows play to be directed to external renderers and it plays FLAC files. It has a few odd features but is stable and it is free. I use it to play my FLAC music files from my Netgear NAS drive to a Marantz NA7004 network audio player connected to my hi-fi.

Try Bubble Upnp: [], I use it from my Xperia S Android Phon to control the plyaer on a AndroidBox (Minix Z) and stream flac from a NAS or my desktop. Works great.