Need Help With New S3

SeizeA7X

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
First off howdy everyone! I recently had a friend sell me his Galaxy S3. He rooted it with something like Liquid Smooth i believe. I'm trying to unroot the phone and put it back to factory settings. How can this be done? I've tried the hold down power button, home button, and volume up button down at the same time and got to a menu. There I tapped on factory wipe i believe but after it powers up the root is still there. Please any info would be great.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
First off howdy everyone! I recently had a friend sell me his Galaxy S3. He rooted it with something like Liquid Smooth i believe. I'm trying to unroot the phone and put it back to factory settings. How can this be done? I've tried the hold down power button, home button, and volume up button down at the same time and got to a menu. There I tapped on factory wipe i believe but after it powers up the root is still there. Please any info would be great.

It's my understanding that you would have to use the same software that was used to root, to restore it to normal. So I would make sure it was Liquid Smooth, install it and unroot then do a factory reset.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Flashing the above would most likely brick his device since it is a Galaxy Nexus Rom and not meant for the S3.

You need to provide us with what model S3 you have as returning to stock will be different per carrier and model. you can either provide us with the information here in this thread or go to the S3 forums and find your carrier model , look for the answer there or ask in your specific carrier S3 variant

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The question is why you want to "unroot" the phone. Being rooted doesn't do anything that would prevent you from using the phone as an unrooted phone.

(BTW, flashing a new ROM and rooting aren't the same thing, although almost all ROMs are rooted.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair