Tethering issue

Quiksilv3rr

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I have searched everywhere and cannot find a similar thread for solving my issue so I decided to create one and hope someone here can help.

Background information- Simply, I used to have an iphone 3g which I used as home internet since I live in the country. I play world of warcraft which is an online game. When I was tethering with the Iphone everything worked perfect. No gameplay issues.

I recently Upgraded to the Samsung galaxy s3; which is by far the greatest phone in my opinion; and hooked it up to my computer. Everything seemed fine. I have internet. When I play world of warcraft though my gameplay will freeze. In an attempt to explain what I experience---My character doesn't freeze, just the surroundings and I can move him around but I cannot attack anything and everyone else on my screen is frozen. It does this from time to time, I'd like to say roughly every 10 minutes and it "freezes" for about 10 seconds. If you are familiar with the game you know that 10 seconds can get you killed. I'd like to note that I can expect a freeze before something big happens, such as having a 10 man group encounter a "boss". the first few seconds when everyone is using abilities costing me frame rate speed is generally when I get a freeze. But it will still happen outside of this scenario.

Things to consider/note - This freeze doesn't occur when I tether another phone.
- No recent changes or issues with my phone company.
- I have reset the device and computer, cleared internet cache etc..

Please reply with any suggestions. Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a problem with the effective CPU speed. (Evvective - the clock speed can be high, but if the OS is busy with something, the effective CPU speed drops.) There's not much you can do except to turn everything off. Kill app apps you don't need running at the time. Turn off all sync when you're playing - email and anything else. If that doesn't help, use the iPhone for gaming and the Android for everything else. (Ten seconds? You can get killed in a lot less time than that. If my wife got 10 second dropouts, I'd get killed - and I don't play. We switched providers because she got 1-2 second dropouts.)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
When WoW hangs like this, it's generally a connection issue. For some reason your S3 isn't transferring data fast enough. Try turning off anything related to data, as Rukbat was saying.