- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Signing onto wifi at work
I have a Samsung Fascinate phone and I used the company's password to access the Internet via Wifi, but I have a very weak signal in my office. What can I do to improve my signal? My phone actually does not carry a signal much else in the facility whereas many others that I know do. Could it be my settings?
- 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM #2
Re: Signing onto wifi at work
It's a combination of the amount of signal strength at that location and the sensitivity and power of the hardware in your phone (and, possibly, interference at your location). The network people can change the first one (by moving the router, reorienting the antennas, adding a repeater, etc.), no one can change the second one (there are no settings for receive sensitivity in a phone - or in almost any wifi hardware).
- By jasper7821 in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 1Last Post: 12-03-2012, 09:03 PM
- By RRHMJ23 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 1Last Post: 10-28-2012, 06:35 PM
- By Vance14 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 11Last Post: 07-31-2012, 11:24 PM
- By BurgesS in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 11-02-2010, 07:51 AM
- By yomonk1 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 5Last Post: 05-05-2010, 08:28 PM