Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Default weather not updating

The weather app isn't updating my current location but updates the other location I have saved.. it recognizes when I go to a different city, but doesn't show temperature. does anyone know why?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

Check the settings in the Weather app/widgit, is there an update interval? I know the HTC Sense weather widget has one and it can be set from every hour update to once daily.

Hope this helps.

The same thing has happened to me on my Aria..only the last week...I find that if I manuelly go into my Home screen weahter and hit refresh it updates it fine....but only for a few days and then the issue is back...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Yes I tried both and still not updating.. I manually hit the refresh button, as well as went into options and changed the update time.. its been like this for almost a week.. I have Droid incredible.. its weird cause the location that came preset (new york) is updating, but my current location weather isn't.. I mean it recognizes when I am another city, but doesn't show temp

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

That's bizarre. Are you in a remote area where AccuWeather may not have data? Does the Weather Channel widget update? I have found that the Weather Channel app is way more accurate then the AccuWeather widget in Sense.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I haven't had a problem with the sense weather app, always worked and updated until now.. I live right outside Atlantic city.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I got it.. all I had to do was go to accounts&sync then re-sync it.. thanks for the help tho

Has anyone else had this problem?

I select the weather part of the HTC Clock/Weather widge. I then go into the settings and "Update automatically" is unchecked. I check it and exit out. Then when I go back in it is unchecked again. This is causing the thing to not auto update. If I hit the refresh it pulls the weather and works fine, just will not auto refresh.

Never mind I found the problem:

you have to go into the phone settings, "Accounts and Sync", and make sure "background data" and "Auto-sync" are checked. Then turn on the auto sync in the weather widget and it stays checked.