Google Search says "Unusual traffic from your computer network" and WON'T SEARCH

Chevy-SS

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone is Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on AT&T, not rooted or anything.

Google Search says "Unusual traffic from your computer network" and WON'T SEARCH. This happens even if I try type in the search or use voice command. I have been looking around and cannot find an answer that works. I have WiFi disabled on my phone. I'm not even on any 'computer network' so this is most confusing.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks, Dave in RI

---------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Feb 15th

I FIXED THIS!

I wanted to post here, so that my 'solution' my help others in this predicament.

Here we go:
  • Go to Home screen, get into "Settings", then "Applications", then "Manage Applications"
  • In my list, I selected Gmail, then "Clear Data" (when this option is available) and "Uninstall updates" (may be only "Uninstall")
  • I did the same thing for the following apps:
  • Google Play Books
  • Google Play services
  • Google Play Store
  • Google Search
Then I powered off the phone, waited 10 seconds and restarted. I let it reboot completely and then the 'update' notifications appeared on the Home screen. I updated each app carefully, and let it settle, then updated the next, until all were updated. Google 'Search' now works perfectly!!

Hope this helps someone.

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER UPDATE - Feb 17

Well, this problem was fixed for one day only. The same issue cropped up the very next day. Very frustrating. My next call is to AT&T. I will keep posting, hopefully with an eventual PERMANENT fix....

Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's working! Feb 18th
Final update, hopefully.
I upgraded to latest Android system, using Kies. Google search now working again!

-

-

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The computer network you're on is AT&T Wireless' connection to the internet. Call AT&T Wireless tech support.

Chevy-SS

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I FIXED THIS!

I wanted to post here, so that my 'solution' my help others in this predicament.

Here we go:
Go to Home screen, get into "Settings", then "Application", then "Manage Applications"
In my list, I selected Gmail, then "Clear Data" and "Uninstall updates"
I did the same thing for the following apps:
Google Play Books
Google Play services
Google Play Store
Google Search

Then I powered off the phone, waited 10 seconds and restarted. I let it reboot completely and then the 'update' notifications appeared on the Home screen. I updated each app carefully, and let it settle, then updated the next, until all were updated. Google 'Search' now works perfectly!!

Hope this helps someone.

Dave