1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Search says "Unusual traffic from your computer network" and WON'T SEARCH

My phone is Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on AT&T, not rooted or anything.

Google Search says "Unusual traffic from your computer network" and WON'T SEARCH. This happens even if I try type in the search or use voice command. I have been looking around and cannot find an answer that works. I have WiFi disabled on my phone. I'm not even on any 'computer network' so this is most confusing.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks, Dave in RI

---------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Feb 15th

I FIXED THIS!

I wanted to post here, so that my 'solution' my help others in this predicament.

Here we go:
    • Go to Home screen, get into "Settings", then "Applications", then "Manage Applications"
    • In my list, I selected Gmail, then "Clear Data" (when this option is available) and "Uninstall updates" (may be only "Uninstall")
    • I did the same thing for the following apps:
    • Google Play Books
    • Google Play services
    • Google Play Store
    • Google Search

Then I powered off the phone, waited 10 seconds and restarted. I let it reboot completely and then the 'update' notifications appeared on the Home screen. I updated each app carefully, and let it settle, then updated the next, until all were updated. Google 'Search' now works perfectly!!

Hope this helps someone.

Dave

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER UPDATE - Feb 17

Well, this problem was fixed for one day only. The same issue cropped up the very next day. Very frustrating. My next call is to AT&T. I will keep posting, hopefully with an eventual PERMANENT fix....

Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's working! Feb 18th
    Final update, hopefully.
    I upgraded to latest Android system, using Kies. Google search now working again!

-

-
    Last edited by Chevy-SS; 02-18-2013 at 03:55 PM.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: Google Search says "Unusual traffic from your computer network" and WON'T SEARCH

The computer network you're on is AT&T Wireless' connection to the internet. Call AT&T Wireless tech support.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Google Search says "Unusual traffic from your computer network" and WON'T SEARCH

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    The computer network you're on is AT&T Wireless' connection to the internet. Call AT&T Wireless tech support.
    Ahh, thank you. I did not realize that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I FIXED THIS!

I wanted to post here, so that my 'solution' my help others in this predicament.

Here we go:
    Go to Home screen, get into "Settings", then "Application", then "Manage Applications"
    In my list, I selected Gmail, then "Clear Data" and "Uninstall updates"
    I did the same thing for the following apps:
    Google Play Books
    Google Play services
    Google Play Store
    Google Search

Then I powered off the phone, waited 10 seconds and restarted. I let it reboot completely and then the 'update' notifications appeared on the Home screen. I updated each app carefully, and let it settle, then updated the next, until all were updated. Google 'Search' now works perfectly!!

Hope this helps someone.

Dave