Personalized Message Tone

bish119

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
This is my first smart phone that I have own. I have gotten used to having an LG that I was able to have not only a certain ringtone for when someone calls but a certain ringtone for when someone sends me a text. Is there an app that can help me out with this or not? If so is this a free app? or do I have to pay? if i have to pay is that a one time payment or monthly? if it is an app do i ahve to use the app to look at my messages or not( cause wouldnt that just use up my data which i dont ahve unlimited)

THanks you for the help for a new smart phone user

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Although there are many 'dialer' or phone apps for Android phones, they work similarly. When you edit a contact, you should see a way to change or set their ringtone, most often you will see it when you long-press on the contact name.

An app like Dialer One (which I use and recommend) or Group Contacts (which I haven't used) will let you assign a ringtone to a 'group' of numbers, so your friends, family, co-workers or poker buddies can each have their group's ringtone played.

bish119

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
ok i have figured out how to do it with ringtone for calls but im am more looking for when someone sends me a Text message to have their own personilzied ringtone

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
ok i have figured out how to do it with ringtone for calls but im am more looking for when someone sends me a Text message to have their own personilzied ringtone

The (free with ads) Handcent messaging app will let you customize a notification for anyone you have a history of sending a message with. Open Handcent, click their name in the list, in the upper right you'll see an icon of a face with a gear, that's settings. Click that and you'll see a choice for notifications, and can then set a ringtone for them there, as well as if it should vibrate or not, light the phone's LED or not, etc.

bish119

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The (free with ads) Handcent messaging app will let you customize a notification for anyone you have a history of sending a message with. Open Handcent, click their name in the list, in the upper right you'll see an icon of a face with a gear, that's settings. Click that and you'll see a choice for notifications, and can then set a ringtone for them there, as well as if it should vibrate or not, light the phone's LED or not, etc.

Thanks I figured it out and it works great....only problem I have not is that i use ringtone for my text messages which i like cause they last longer and are more distanct only problem I have is when im right next to my phone i dont know how to silence it right away. On my LG phone i used to beable to hit the side button and it would stop the music before it woudl usally end.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz