This is my first smart phone that I have own. I have gotten used to having an LG that I was able to have not only a certain ringtone for when someone calls but a certain ringtone for when someone sends me a text. Is there an app that can help me out with this or not? If so is this a free app? or do I have to pay? if i have to pay is that a one time payment or monthly? if it is an app do i ahve to use the app to look at my messages or not( cause wouldnt that just use up my data which i dont ahve unlimited)

THanks you for the help for a new smart phone user
    02-12-2013 08:25 PM
    Although there are many 'dialer' or phone apps for Android phones, they work similarly. When you edit a contact, you should see a way to change or set their ringtone, most often you will see it when you long-press on the contact name.

An app like Dialer One (which I use and recommend) or Group Contacts (which I haven't used) will let you assign a ringtone to a 'group' of numbers, so your friends, family, co-workers or poker buddies can each have their group's ringtone played.
    02-13-2013 03:59 AM
    ok i have figured out how to do it with ringtone for calls but im am more looking for when someone sends me a Text message to have their own personilzied ringtone
    02-14-2013 09:27 PM
    I use Glowfly, it will do this and its less than two dollars

sent via smoke signals
    02-14-2013 10:33 PM
    I use Glowfly, it will do this and its less than two dollars

sent via smoke signals
    is that a one time 2 dollar fee or is that a monthly fee or something?

THanks
    02-17-2013 09:55 PM
    ok i have figured out how to do it with ringtone for calls but im am more looking for when someone sends me a Text message to have their own personilzied ringtone
    The (free with ads) Handcent messaging app will let you customize a notification for anyone you have a history of sending a message with. Open Handcent, click their name in the list, in the upper right you'll see an icon of a face with a gear, that's settings. Click that and you'll see a choice for notifications, and can then set a ringtone for them there, as well as if it should vibrate or not, light the phone's LED or not, etc.
    02-17-2013 11:44 PM
    The (free with ads) Handcent messaging app will let you customize a notification for anyone you have a history of sending a message with. Open Handcent, click their name in the list, in the upper right you'll see an icon of a face with a gear, that's settings. Click that and you'll see a choice for notifications, and can then set a ringtone for them there, as well as if it should vibrate or not, light the phone's LED or not, etc.
    Thanks I figured it out and it works great....only problem I have not is that i use ringtone for my text messages which i like cause they last longer and are more distanct only problem I have is when im right next to my phone i dont know how to silence it right away. On my LG phone i used to beable to hit the side button and it would stop the music before it woudl usally end.
    03-03-2013 05:27 PM