1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is SMS History?

I recently changed cell providers and they reset my Galaxy SII (i9100) phone and updated me from Gingerbread to Jellybean.

Before the update, which erased most everything on the phone, I made a full backup of the phone memory by copying the contents to my PC. Now I want to restore the SMS history but I can't find any file or folder containing it (searched for words from messages). The data must be there somewhere but perhaps it is encrypted which is why I can't find it.

Does anyone know how to find the SMS history in the backup and restore it to my phone. Call history would be good too if possible.

I have searched these forums and done a general internet search, but could not find any replies.

Thanks

Default Re: Where is SMS History?

Quote Originally Posted by YossiD View Post
    I recently changed cell providers and they reset my Galaxy SII (i9100) phone and updated me from Gingerbread to Jellybean.

Before the update, which erased most everything on the phone, I made a full backup of the phone memory by copying the contents to my PC. Now I want to restore the SMS history but I can't find any file or folder containing it (searched for words from messages). The data must be there somewhere but perhaps it is encrypted which is why I can't find it.

Does anyone know how to find the SMS history in the backup and restore it to my phone. Call history would be good too if possible.

I have searched these forums and done a general internet search, but could not find any replies.

Thanks
    copying the phone memory by connecting to PC is not the way to do it and wont backup phone's save files.
    you didn't backup sms history at all. you just backed up sd card content