Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cryofy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stoped.` how to fix it?

unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stoped.` how to fix it?

Default Re: unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stoped.` how to fix it?

If you use an app called "Facebook Contact Sync", or some other 3rd party contact syncing software by any chance: Some of those apps mess around with the contacts you have on your phone, have seen this happen on a Galaxy S3 before. For instance an unreadable birthday is synced and this makes the com.android.phone software crash...
    sainthanthony likes this.

Default Re: unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stoped.` how to fix it?

So, how do u fix the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Nibal View Post

Seems like phone service (software not carrier service) going down and you would need to check lolcat to see what causeing it. If you desperate then do factory reset

Thumbs up Re: unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stoped.` how to fix it?

Can not add contact

Lightbulb Re: unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stoped.` how to fix it?

Hello

Hello

- - - Updated - - -

Hello

Unfortunately,the process com.android.phone has stoped.how to fix this problem?

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

i've seen this issue pop up a few times and simply powering off the phone for about 2 minutes was all it needed. sometimes the system just seems to come down with a case of hiccups. if the problem persists then you probably have a misbehaving app and a factory reset would be in order.

Quote Originally Posted by cutesymin View Post
    I've made a thread about this before, but didn't get much help D:
    It already has the most recent update, and I just updated the firmware on kies. I've also factory reset it 2 or 3 times, and still no luck!! Whenever I hit the home button, my phone reboots. Please help me! I've never had this problem until that software update.
    @ Nibal, Cryofy, Baby D Harish

This thread is old but many visitor replying this thread and visiting this page

We did not know much about what device you are using & which android version you have? and also what version you are upgrading?

Please note that some device like Nexus 4 & others has a problem with android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and only can run with 4.2 (originally come with 4.2). If you want to upgrade to 4.3 than you have to root the device & force the new APN setting to device (if you are getting the error while connecting to internet or so). See the thread started at Google Code for this issue and may be Google team will resolve this issue in their next release (Android 4.4 - Kitkat)

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...tars&start=100

This problem can also be a sync problem with one of the Google service (Example : Calender, Contacts or Email) for this problem you have 2 solutions before factory resetting the device for the detailed procedure you can see the below tutorial

[Solved] Process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly fix

Above link can also be provide the details if you are facing this problem while receiving the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kattey Spares View Post
    @ Nibal, Cryofy, Baby D Harish

[Solved] Process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly fix

Above link can also be provide the details if you are facing this problem while receiving the calls.
    This does not solve my problem - I still have message about "...com.android.phone has stopped..." when my phone is in car dock IN LANDSCAPE mode. In vertical mode everything works fine. Maybe this is dialer problem? Can i replace original android dialer? (not just install dialers app, becouse its don't work, i tryed...)

btw, my phone: Samsung GALAXY S2 PLUS, with 4.2.2
    Last edited by AGUX; 11-11-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Walters View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Walters View Post

install app called "Ultimate Rotation Control" !!! 7 days TRIAL !!!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fameit.rotate
    go to settings>>> per app settings and force PHONE (and Contacts if you want) to Portrait
    dont forget to check "Enable per App settings box"
    worked for me... the only bad thing - all calls will be displayed in portrait...
    P.S. u can use any free app if you find one, i think they will work too
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otationmanager
    didn't tryed this one, but maybe....