SMS Back up and restore?

1234567android

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
It is extremely important that I back up my SMS messages but it seems that my phone is starting to work incorrectly and I'm afraid I'll lose them. I was wondering what is a fool proof safe way to back them up in case anything happens to my phone, and I'll be able to restore them to another phone. I want to get an iPhone, but if it's not possible to switch android messages to an iphone, ill get another android. Just please let me know! These messages are important. I have thousands of messages that I never deleted from one of my friends who past away last year and it is extremely important that I save them... PLEASE just let me know! Thanks.

SiriusXM

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
It is extremely important that I back up my SMS messages but it seems that my phone is starting to work incorrectly and I'm afraid I'll lose them. I was wondering what is a fool proof safe way to back them up in case anything happens to my phone, and I'll be able to restore them to another phone. I want to get an iPhone, but if it's not possible to switch android messages to an iphone, ill get another android. Just please let me know! These messages are important. I have thousands of messages that I never deleted from one of my friends who past away last year and it is extremely important that I save them... PLEASE just let me know! Thanks.

I use SMS backup +. It's in the Android market. I'm not sure if you can transfer to an iphone or even restore but you can definitely backup to your Gmail account automatically with ease. Just set it and forget it.

Galaxy Note 2 - Tapatalk HD 2 - Best Buy - SiriusXM Radio

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Take a look at my post in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/253485-need-move-sms-another-phone-help-please-anyone.html#post2593035

I'm not sure that you can transfer apps from an Android phone to an iPhone, but you can certainly backup/save the apps to Gmail. In your case, I would highly recommend a backup to Gmail or elsewhere (Dropbox?) to save messages to prevent an accidental deletion from the device. All it takes is a drop in water, on the floor, or a stolen device to lose all the important data -- in this case, sms.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I just posted in your other thread. Please check that thread for your answers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance