PC won't recognise Nexus 4
My work desktop running XP won't recognise my Nexus 4 when connected via USB. Have looked through various threads to try and find the answer and subsequently tried different USB ports, different cables etc but still comes up with the "found new hardware" wizard when plugged in. The cable and phone work when plugged into my laptop running Windows 7 so guess the problem must be with the desktop setup. The phone does charge when plugged into the desktop but the device is not recognised and I therefore do not have the option to explore. Can anyone help?
- 02-18-2013, 01:13 PM #2
Re: PC won't recognise Nexus 4
Download Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit from Official Microsoft Download Center
Win XP requires an MTP driver. That page will fix you up.
- By bbhybridchris in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 14Last Post: 12-29-2011, 08:47 PM
- By sdweller in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 7Last Post: 12-20-2011, 09:00 PM
- By lws.jazz in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 12-12-2011, 09:30 PM
- By mylasthope in forum Droid Charge Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 06-12-2011, 01:46 PM
- By Broon in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 03-13-2011, 11:36 PM