Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG-E400 wifi will not turn on.

Hi,
    I am totally new to Android, having bought an LG-E400 one week ago. The phone is running v2.3.6. It is running on Spain's tuenti network and up until two days ago it was running fine in every way. The problem now is that it will not allow 'turn on' the wifi, let alone connect or use it.
    When I check the 'Turn on Wi-Fi' box in Settings>Wireless & networks it tells me that it is turning on, and on occasion tells me that it is turned on, but invariably it 'turns off' within 10 seconds or less. When I turn on wifi using the icon int he pull down menu it likewise changes colour to signify that it is on, but turns off of its own accord within a few seconds. The wifi had worked perfectly until a few days ago, and nothing has changed since that time to the best of my knowledge. It is a new phone, has been used carefully, and there have been no other issues with it.

I am feeling very frustrated and would appreciate any help or advice. My apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum, or if there is a glaringly obvious solution that I'm not seeing.

Thanks,

Conor

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: LG-E400 wifi will not turn on.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor McGuinness View Post
    Hi,
    I am totally new to Android, having bought an LG-E400 one week ago. The phone is running v2.3.6. It is running on Spain's tuenti network and up until two days ago it was running fine in every way. The problem now is that it will not allow 'turn on' the wifi, let alone connect or use it.
    When I check the 'Turn on Wi-Fi' box in Settings>Wireless & networks it tells me that it is turning on, and on occasion tells me that it is turned on, but invariably it 'turns off' within 10 seconds or less. When I turn on wifi using the icon int he pull down menu it likewise changes colour to signify that it is on, but turns off of its own accord within a few seconds. The wifi had worked perfectly until a few days ago, and nothing has changed since that time to the best of my knowledge. It is a new phone, has been used carefully, and there have been no other issues with it.

I am feeling very frustrated and would appreciate any help or advice. My apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum, or if there is a glaringly obvious solution that I'm not seeing.

Thanks,

Conor
    Try rebooting your router
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

And also try rebooting your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for your replies.
    droidXcon:
    Unfortunately I have no control over the router as I am working in a residential institution. My colleagues have not experienced any problems with the wifi here over the last few day, so I'm assuming its an issue with my phone. Its not a question of the wifi not working, the problem is that my phone will not turn wifi on, or at least for any longer than ten seconds.

B. Diddy:
    I can't overemphasise the fact that I am a beginner wwhen it comes to both android and smart phones more generally. Is reboot the same as restart? How do I reboot my device? Is there some kind of connection issues wizard I can use to search for problems?

Thanks again for your help,
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

It is a new phone, has been used carefully, and there have been no other issues with it.
    Maybe it's an app your installed recently. You can try backing out some apps in hopes that something you downloaded is messing with the phone. If not, since it's a new phone, might want to just do a factory reset and see if that fixes the problem. If it does fix the problem, slowly tweak the phone and add back apps. That way if the issue occurs again your can more easily identify it. If that doesn't work, you should get it replaced.
    Thanked by:

I can't overemphasise the fact that I am a beginner wwhen it comes to both android and smart phones more generally. Is reboot the same as restart? How do I reboot my device? Is there some kind of connection issues wizard I can use to search for problems?
    What I mean by reboot is simply to power it down fully and then power it up again. Hold the power button down until the option to turn off the phone comes up, and select it. After the phone completely turns off, hold the power button down again until it starts up again. Try doing this before considering the full factory reset (which you can do by going to Settings/Backup & reset and selecting Factory Data Reset, which will completely get rid of all of the apps, data, photos, and music on your phone).

Try setting "Never" in sleep policy option in the wifi advanced settings.