How do I move pictures from gallery to SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

Zac Ralstin

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
all I need is simple instructions on how to move my pictures from my gallery in my samsung galaxy s3 to my sd card I've gone through settings I've gone through the camera settings but it's not moving my pictures from the gallery to my sd card and that's what I need simple to the point:cool:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using a 3rd party File Manager like ES File Explorer to move them over to your SDCARD ?

or are you looking for a setting to choose where the files are stored automatically?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I already got the camera stetting down to save to my sd card. Now I need to transfer pictures to the card

Hook up to your computer then from the computer go to phone> DCIM> camera copy the pictures
Then go to card and find DCIM> camera then paste the pictures

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Daniel Covey

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
^^^This, or I believe while in gallery, you can hit Menu->Select multiple-> select the pictures->menu->move to sd.... I believe that works on the GS3, let me know!

hecticmomof6

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S3: Move pictures to SD card.
Options
‎03-03-2013 10:01 AM

Transfer pictures to SD card on Galaxy S3:

1. From the home screen, tap on the Apps icon.
2. Open the My Files app.
3. You will see two folders in here if you have an SD card in device. SDCard0 is the internal memory of the device. ExtSDCard is the Micro SD card that was placed in the back of the phone.
4. Tap on SDCard0.
5. Tap on the DCIM folder.
6. Tap on the Camera folder. (This is where the phone first saved pictures taken by the camera by default)
7. Press the Menu button and then select Move.
8. The pictures will now have check boxes next to them. Tap on each picture you want to move to select them or tap on Select All at the top if you want to move all the pictures.
9. After you have the pictures selected, tap on Move at the top corner of the screen.
10. This will bring you back to the two main folders. Tap on ExtSDCard.
11. You can now look for a folder to place pictures in. (You can create a new folder by tapping on Create Folder up at the top and entering a folder name.)
12. Once you have the folder you want the pictures saved to selected, tap on Move Here at the top right corner. The pictures will now be moved

mysteriousmagz

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi I followed this advice and done this earlier, sent from my files and moved to ext sd card.. only problem is I moved over 1000 pics and now they have been lost? Sd card is saying there is only 150 pics on it and even most of them are just a black screen and unable to load.. I really need these pics back cant loose them for good can anyone please help?