Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how do I move my pictures from my gallery to my sd card samsung galaxy s3

all I need is simple instructions on how to move my pictures from my gallery in my samsung galaxy s3 to my sd card I've gone through settings I've gone through the camera settings but it's not moving my pictures from the gallery to my sd card and that's what I need simple to the point

Default Re: how do I move my pictures from my gallery to my sd card samsung galaxy s3

Have you tried using a 3rd party File Manager like ES File Explorer to move them over to your SDCARD ?

or are you looking for a setting to choose where the files are stored automatically?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: how do I move my pictures from my gallery to my sd card samsung galaxy s3

I already got the camera stetting down to save to my sd card. Now I need to transfer pictures to the card

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Ralstin View Post
    I already got the camera stetting down to save to my sd card. Now I need to transfer pictures to the card
    Hook up to your computer then from the computer go to phone> DCIM> camera copy the pictures
    Then go to card and find DCIM> camera then paste the pictures

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

^^^This, or I believe while in gallery, you can hit Menu->Select multiple-> select the pictures->menu->move to sd.... I believe that works on the GS3, let me know!

Galaxy S3: Move pictures to SD card.
    Options
    ‎03-03-2013 10:01 AM

Transfer pictures to SD card on Galaxy S3:

1. From the home screen, tap on the Apps icon.
    2. Open the My Files app.
    3. You will see two folders in here if you have an SD card in device. SDCard0 is the internal memory of the device. ExtSDCard is the Micro SD card that was placed in the back of the phone.
    4. Tap on SDCard0.
    5. Tap on the DCIM folder.
    6. Tap on the Camera folder. (This is where the phone first saved pictures taken by the camera by default)
    7. Press the Menu button and then select Move.
    8. The pictures will now have check boxes next to them. Tap on each picture you want to move to select them or tap on Select All at the top if you want to move all the pictures.
    9. After you have the pictures selected, tap on Move at the top corner of the screen.
    10. This will bring you back to the two main folders. Tap on ExtSDCard.
    11. You can now look for a folder to place pictures in. (You can create a new folder by tapping on Create Folder up at the top and entering a folder name.)
    12. Once you have the folder you want the pictures saved to selected, tap on Move Here at the top right corner. The pictures will now be moved
    Thanked by 12:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

wicked, thanks for this dont know how my kids managed to stop the pics being saved to my micro sim. but thats cool - sorted now

@hecticmomof6 Thanks for step by step instructions. Solved my problem in an instant.

Thumbs up Re: how do I move my pictures from my gallery to my sd card samsung galaxy s3

thank you so much, i've been looking for an answer forever!!!

superb many thanks !!!!

Awesome!!!!! I was beginning to think it wasn't possible. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!!!!! I was beginning to think it wasn't possible. Thank you.

dear person who just gave me the step by step instructions on how to move my pics from the internal memory to the sd card...i love you!

Wow thank you! I've been trying all the suggestions and this is the only one that FINALLY worked. Thanks Mucho!

Hi I followed this advice and done this earlier, sent from my files and moved to ext sd card.. only problem is I moved over 1000 pics and now they have been lost? Sd card is saying there is only 150 pics on it and even most of them are just a black screen and unable to load.. I really need these pics back cant loose them for good can anyone please help?

Thanks Buddy it was really helpful.

you can download an app called android file transfer
    its just what i use and it works great. you can google it and find it.

@hecticmomof6 Thank you for the information I was searching all over for this...

you are awesome!!! thank you for being so, smart!!!!!

I cannot find My Apps File when I open apps. Where else might I look or would it have a different name?

I have also the same problem but i have fond the solution Just a simple step. Formatt your memory and try again.
    Last edited by Sandeep Pathak2; 07-14-2013 at 10:32 PM.

I have also the same problem but i have found the solution Just a simple step. Formatt your memory and try again.

I got through Step 5 but there was no "Camera" icon to press. Just an icon that said "No Files" Help! Thank you

Default Re: how do I move my pictures from my gallery to my desktop?

I need to move pictures from the gallery on my samsung SIII to my desktop. Please help.

Also, I would like to move pictures from my Samsung digital camera to ny desktop

Thanks

my long search ends here ... :-) thx man

Thank you ssooooo muchh!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast