Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default re: How do I move pictures from gallery to SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

I already done all your suggestion on how to move my pictures and vedios from my internal memory to sd card, and still not working.My android phone is samsung galaxy grand i9082.

Thumbs up re: How do I move pictures from gallery to SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

That was really helpfull :P

Default re: How do I move pictures from gallery to SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

Help! How do I RECOVER my photos from my camera (not saved on card)? Phone was damaged (water) and will barely keep charge. I've tried connecting to laptop to transfer but phone doesn't even appear as connected for me to open/view media/camera files

Good work hecticmomof6, that worked a treat

Can someone answer this question I have?

I moved all my pictures from Phone to ext SD card, Now, I am organizing them into folders. Every time I create a folder (in Gallery) and move pictures to that folder it creates the folder in the phone memory. Then I have to move that folder back to sd card.

Is there a setting where I can tell the gallery to create folders on teh sd card instead of internal phone memory ?

i cant find the apps icon

Unhappy re: How do I move pictures from gallery to SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

W ill the instructions be
    the same thing for a galaxy 2,CE016. I can't find any instructions but this one.

Used this method on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and it worked like a charm! There were a few things different but was easy to figure out thanks to your step by step instructions!!

Can you please these same simple instructions but for the Razr HD??? PLEASE?????

ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Bouvier Scraggs View Post
    Can you please these same simple instructions but for the Razr HD??? PLEASE?????
    Hi Lisa, welcome to the forums! The process is the same for the Razr HD. You'll need a file manager app (search the Play Store for ES File Explorer or Astro) to view your photos and move the pictures.

With the app opened, navigate to the internal sd card with the photos (it should be a folder labeled "DCIM"). Long press that folder and you'll have several options, one will be "move to". Select that then navigate to the external sd card and drop the album wherever you want. Depending on the number of pictures the transfer may take a minute or two (or three ), so be patient.

If you need further help let us know and we'll see what we can do.

I get to the "move this folder" option. But I don't see how to "navigate to the external sd card and drop the album wherever you want."
    This is not an option - how do I "navigate" to the external sd card. It is not a choice anywhere.

So then I chose "select items" instead of move. I select all the pics in the folder and click on the the arrow pic (that is the icon to move). The text "locate a destination" flashes but I don't know how to locate the sd card.

Very frustrating!!

ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Bouvier Scraggs View Post
    I get to the "move this folder" option. But I don't see how to "navigate to the external sd card and drop the album wherever you want."
    This is not an option - how do I "navigate" to the external sd card. It is not a choice anywhere.

So then I chose "select items" instead of move. I select all the pics in the folder and click on the the arrow pic (that is the icon to move). The text "locate a destination" flashes but I don't know how to locate the sd card.

Very frustrating!!
    What app did you install? I'll grab that app and get a few screen shots to illustrate what you need to do.

Finally FINALLY someone had the answer I needed!!! This worked for my Motorola Razr....thank you AGAIN!!

You've just helped me out. I assumed that sdcard referred *to* the SD car. But no, it refers to the phone's internal memory! Talk about misleading. I downloaded a YouTube downloading app and told it to save the videos to my sdcard but was surprised to find them in the internal memory. Now I know why and I have corrected to download videos to the SD card for real. Thank you!

Many thanks for answering the question! You're a genius!!

Thumbs up re: How do I move pictures from gallery to SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

Thank you, your answer helped a lot.

After I select DCIM folder, I don't see a camera folder

The step by step instructions are perfect!!!!

You should try Dropbox or Google+photos. They are great secondary cloud based back up programs. Sd cards can be corrupted very easily. Plus with cloud based photo storage if you loose your phone you don't loose your pictures!

Posted via Android Central App

Many,many thanks for your easy to follow instructions. Thanks to you-problem solved,:-)

Thank you soooooo much!!ive been struggling with this forever!!

Thank you so much! you were very helpful!!

Thank you!!!!!

Red face re: How do I move pictures from gallery to SD card on my Samsung Galaxy S3?

Thank you!!!

Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast