- 57 Posts
Is there a way to turn off 3g but not 4g? (SGN2)
I live in the middle of nowhere. For seven years I've suffered with DSL that's slower than dial-up and 3g that's not much better. About a month ago, while in my back yard, I noticed that my Note2 was indicating 4G LTE. Problem is that as soon as I walk in my house, the signal switches to 3g. I wish that there was a way to force my phone to stay on 4g because even when the signal is very weak it's still 10 times faster than my home internet or 3g. Or is there a way to boost a 4g lte signal? Thanks for your advice ac forum members.
- 02-19-2013, 09:30 AM #2
- 698 Posts
Re: Is there a way to turn off 3g but not 4g? (SGN2)
LTE is a weaker signal than 3G from what I understand, and your home's construction may also play a part in blocking it out. Not sure if the LTE On/Off app would work for you, but it's in the play store and opens a setting to allow you to force your phone to look for only 3G or 4G LTE.
Otherwise your only other realistic option is to get a Willson home antenna kit. Not only is it able to pull in a signal better, but can then pass it to the inside of your house so the walls don't block it out. They aren't cheap, but they are some of the best kits you can find.
- By MangoPowah in forum HTC One XReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM
- By sandman512 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 08-24-2012, 05:59 PM
- By jaymzb0nd in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 9Last Post: 08-14-2012, 05:59 PM
- By g2xfan in forum T-Mobile G2xReplies: 3Last Post: 04-25-2011, 08:30 PM
- By oasis9389 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 08-04-2010, 10:10 AM