1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default does GSam Battery Monitor use battery?

I am just wondering if ongoing tasks (like in the notification bar) use the battery? GSam Battery Monitor does not show up in the running tasks, but is an ongoing task (shows the percentage of your battery). I worry about my battery life a lot, my battery usually lasts about 2 days. What is the usually battery life of android phones? Also should I worry?

Default Re: does GSam Battery Monitor use battery?

Im guessing you have the S3? And the notification bar is part of the Android OS. For life depending on the phone, how big the battery is, if you are in service and how much you use it you can get a good amount of battery life out of it
    Quote Originally Posted by ahawkua View Post
    I am just wondering if ongoing tasks (like in the notification bar) use the battery? GSam Battery Monitor does not show up in the running tasks, but is an ongoing task (shows the percentage of your battery). I worry about my battery life a lot, my battery usually lasts about 2 days. What is the usually battery life of android phones? Also should I worry?

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: does GSam Battery Monitor use battery?

An app that is constantly running will be constantly draining power. How much it uses, I don't know, but, it will use some.