1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kill Apps

I have tried Super Task Killer and Ultra Task Killer. Niether kills application for very long. Is there an app that does?

Default Re: Kill Apps

What version of android are you using? Task killers are counterproductive on most phones these days.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

It's true that task killers actually hurt battery life in todays phones. They run different from a computer in that they are designed too keep the RAM as full as possible. When an app is in RAM but not being used, it does not use any battery power. This allows better multitasking and app switching by not using additional power to re-initialize the app. If memory is needed for a new app to run that isn't available, then the OS will kill another background app or two to make room for it.

With that task killer, not only is it using power to run the shutdown of those apps, all the ones that keep opening on their own are draining more power as a result. If you absolutely don't want them running and have ICS or later installed, you can disable them without rooting or installing additional apps. From the home screen, go to menu > manage apps > "all" tab > click the app you want > uninstall updates if applicable (usually for bloatware and needed before the disable option shows up) > disable. If you want to re-enable an app later, go back to the all tab and disabled apps will be listed at the very bottom.

if you dont want apps to always run on the background and close it when you close the app use an app called greenify . you obviously need root.