Google Bookmarks & Chrome for Android sync?

mbeattie62300

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
In need of a little help guys. I don't use Chrome on my desktop but I do have a ton of bookmarks stored in Google bookmarks, part of Google labs I believe. Is there anyway to sync them with my device? I should mention my PC is down so the answer can't be to use chrome on my desktop. Thanks for any help!

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In need of a little help guys. I don't use Chrome on my desktop but I do have a ton of bookmarks stored in Google bookmarks, part of Google labs I believe. Is there anyway to sync them with my device? I should mention my PC is down so the answer can't be to use chrome on my desktop. Thanks for any help!

That's a good question. I'm not entirely sure. I looked around and didn't see an "export" tool for Google Bookmarks, but if you can find one then use that to export your bookmarks to a file (typically '.htm' or '.html'). You may be able to find tools that that import that file for you.

A quick search on Google Play revealed the following two applications, though I can't guarantee they will accomplish what you're looking to do.

Make sure you read the description for each app to see if it can help you. It looks like GMarks doesn't work correctly at the moment due to a change Google made to the Bookmarks service; this change may affect the other similar applications as well.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to sign in with your google account while using your browser. I dont know with other browsers but I always do that with Chrome. When I use chrome, I sign in with my google account so all my bookmarks will sync.

Keep in mind that Google Bookmarks is separate than the bookmarks that the Chrome browser stores. For example, I have several hundred Chrome bookmarks that are synced across many devices, but zero "Google Bookmarks."