New to me note calling issues possibly root issues?

ziggnicknote

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello all I will try to be short but this story is a long one to say the least, I bought a at and t note off a guy on Craigslist about 4 months ago I loved it best phone ive ever had never had a gripe about it UNTILL one day I cracked the glass on it... I went to eBay found a guy that would put a new piece of glass in it for 100 bucks so I sent it away, cutting to the chase here the guy had issues and fryed it some how or another I was pissed but he said he would take care of it so he tells me he has a buddie that just got a note a month and half ago but would like to upgrade to a note 2 I asked about condition and I agreed to take this guys phone in place of my fryed one, only catch was that it was rooted I said that's fine. ( a few years ago I played around with a iPhone 3G with cydia and winter board so didn't scare me )

I get the phone yesterday afternoon I get a unlock code from one of those online people And punched the code in and I was now able to use my phone with my carrier (Cincinnati bell) played around with the phone a little bit learned it was slightly different than my last but in a good way, changed my wap settings sent a few texts with and without pics everything was good but today I went to make a call and it froze all to hell first it didn't want to load the numbers screen then when I went to push the green button it all went black except the top bar where signal and time is.

It did this many times to follow this exactly the same thing every time I tryed brushing up on some google searches with the problem I'm having and tryed some stuff including a reset of the phone

Other things you should know the previouse guy has nova launcher, something terminator, and titanium backup loaded into the software because after the hard reset it is still in my applications list.
Everything works except phone calls

I'm willing to do anything to make this work correctly but I would prefer not to unroot it but on the other hand I loved my note the way it was before and a phone that won't make calls isn't much of a phone so if you can please help me out here I would greatly appreciate it

And when explaining things DO DO DO DO treat me like a 3rd grader because I'll be honest I know a little but a little doesn't get you far when your dealing with this kinda stuff I know that

Model number is : sgh-i717