No sound on movies i put on my SD card!

anon(5734071)

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i just recently bought a 64GB micro sd card for my GN2 so i can put movies on it. i started off putting one movie on the internal memory and it worked fine. when i put movies/videos on the 64gb sd card it plays but their is no sound. please help :'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that the same video file works fine in internal memory and doesn't have sound when played from the SD? Or are you talking about 2 different video files?

Also, what app are you using to play the videos with? The stock Android video player isn't compatible with that many formats, so I would suggest using a 3rd party player like MX Player or Dice Player.

anon(5734071)

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i have two different files but they are both .mkv. they work fine in internal memory. in the external memory the sound doesnt play but the video does. to play the video i use the stock and MX player but they still dont work. im thinking their might be a file in the internal memory that is need to play sound that i should put on the external.

anon(5734071)

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
im talking about 3 different video files. one works fine on the internal memory but the other 2 doen't have sound when in the external memory.. im using the stock android player and mx player but the videos on the external memory still has no sound.