Credit Card : How to change account info ???

R8J8D

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all .
I want/need to up-date my credit card number for Google Play Store ...
I have not been able to found out how ...
Everywhere I look the articles in the net talk about Google Wallet ...

So my question is ; do I have to have Google Wallet to be able to change my credit card info for
Google Play Store ?

Thanx John :)

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all .
I want/need to up-date my credit card number for Google Play Store ...
I have not been able to found out how ...
Everywhere I look the articles in the net talk about Google Wallet ...

So my question is ; do I have to have Google Wallet to be able to change my credit card info for
Google Play Store ?

Thanx John :)

YES..... you must set up a Google Wallet account. You will have the opportunity to add your credit card information when you add your info.

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry ladies and gentlemen, I cannot find an app
called " Google wallet "

Don't think there's a Google wallet app, just go to Google wallet on your browser.

But I can just go to buy an app from the Google play store and it lets me add a new credit card right there and then..can you not do that?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Alches

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar issue but the above does not solve it.

When I try on my phone to purchase something on Play Store, it is showing my old credit card number and rejects it (the card was replaced as it was lost).

When I go to Google Wallet it shows the correct credit card (and the fact that I had bought the application previously, on my irreparably damaged phone - also replaced).

Obviously Play Store and Google Wallet are not aligned and I cannot find anywhere to align the two or to change my credit card number on Play Store. After an hour of searching I am totally unimpressed with this service from Google. Surely these things can be made easier, or explained better!! All I want to do is pay 99 cents!

How do I change the credit card number in Play Store, or, preferably, delete it altogether and enter it each time I make a purchase?

Allan

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Well the above was probably before the ui of the play store changed. At least for me, after I tap the price, tap 'accept' on the app permission popup, and then tap the price on the upper right corner on the very next popup, it'll expand to show 'payment options' which I can tap to select between my credit cards or add a new one.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk now Free

Alches

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! That solved the problem - tapping the price did give payment options. It did not give me the option to fix the old credit car number but I was able to select the 'wallet' one.

I must admit that it does not seem at all intuitive to tap the price (as if you could change it for example), but it does have an arrow there indicating a 'drop down', so I suppose I can concede that the payment alternatives do exist even if effectively hidden.

It still leaves the question how I delete the old card number, if anyone can help on that one.

Thank again.
Allan

Marlene Sanders

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey Allan, found your answer because i had the same problem. It requires a bit of work but, sign in to your Gmail through your broswer. then go to accounts, then dashboard. then when dashboard loads scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see "wallet". that is where you go to delete the credit card. Bit of a pain in the neck really but i guess we should be thankful that it at least makes it seem more secure.

Let me know how you go.

calicosmaster

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
How do I edit to change my credit card number on google in android please? I can't find it anywhere. I thought when I ordered the app that it would direct me to that page but it only says to fix the info but not how or where and doesn't direct me to the page where I could do it.
Please help! Thank you!
Sincerely yours,
Suzanne Morin

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad