Text messaging stopped working on recent 4.1.2 JB update razr maxx

Christian Gantt

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The title pretty says it all. I pushed the 4.1.2 JB update today and was super stoked. Unfortunately, Handcent sms and the default messaging app are not working. At first they were, but then handcent crashed and I tried using the default. After copious restarts the problem still exists and the Hancent app crashes after i receive a notification saying i have 103+ unread messages. I have tried clearing the cache and the data for both messaging apps, but no change. I would rather not do a factory reset if I don't have to. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Christian Gantt

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy for your response, I like your Crowww! avatar! haha. I get to step 5 and hold both up/down buttons on the rocker and nothing happens. It eventually just leaves the exclamation screen and reboots. I posted in the other forum as well, no bites yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
At step 5, try holding the vol down button first, then while keeping it down, press the vol up button. I'm trying to remember exactly how it works, but I think the selections for cache partition wipe will pop up after you RELEASE the buttons (after pressing them simultaneously). Let me know if that works. If it doesn't, I'll try the process on my own phone again and let you know how I did it.

Always nice to hear from another MST3K fan!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay